Join Our Team
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A CIVIC ASSOCIATE/INTERN!
City Club of Portland seeks four Civic Associates with a deep commitment to civic engagement, advocacy, equity, and public policy. For 100 years, City Club of Portland has been bringing civic-minded people together to make Portland and Oregon a better place to live, work and play for everyone. Ideal applicants are interested in acquiring concrete skills while working with diverse City Club and community members in a collaborative environment. These are UNPAID internships.
We currently have two unique internship opportunities:
Communications Civic Associate
- Promoting City Club events and programs
- Monitoring social media platforms for the issues, events, and City Club partners
- Maintaining City Club’s website with calendar of upcoming events
- Preparing, staffing, and participating in City Club events (lunchtime Friday Forums and after hours events)
- Other responsibilities as assigned by City Club staff
- Social media savviness
- Interest in staying current on local issues and events
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced team environment
- Interest in working with volunteers and community leaders
- Basic design experience a plus but not required
Research and Advocacy Civic Associate
This position assists the Research and Policy Director and works directly with City Club’s member-led research and advocacy committees.
- Working with all Comprehensive Research Committees
- Attending all meetings of the committee, and assists with logistics, research and writing as needed
- Attending all meetings of the Executive committee
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Volunteer management experience
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
Time commitment: 15-20 hours per week
- Monthly student bus pass covered by City Club of Portland
- Letter of recommendation after completion of 80 internship hours
Please send your resume and cover letter AS ONE DOCUMENT to: HR@pdxcityclub.org
Include your desired focus area (Communications or Research and Advocacy) in the subject line of your email and tell us how you found out about the position.
City Club of Portland provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.