What Health Care Reform Means to You
With massive changes occurring in health care on both national and state levels, many Americans are wondering, “How will health care transformation impact me and my family?” On April 6, Drs. Bruce Goldberg and Mike Bonetto will begin to answer this question. They will:
- Describe the state’s health care reform plan to lower cost, improve health and improve health care
- Explain the fiscal impact on both the federal debt and Oregon’s budget
- Illustrate how care might change from, for example, a physician driven model to a community and team-based model
- Highlight outcomes and explain how we’ll know if the new system is working
- Clarify what this means to each of us: If this system improves health care for people on Oregon Health Plan, how will it affect me?
Mike Bonetto is currently the Health Policy Advisor to Governor Kitzhaber and has been the Vice President of Business and Community Development for St. Charles Health System. Dr. Bruce Goldberg is the director of the Oregon Health Authority. He previously served as director of the Oregon Department of Human Services.