The Finance Committee provides oversight of the fiscal management of City Club, proposing an annual budget and reviewing club finances. It is responsible for City Club's overall financial health.
Among its responsibilities, the committee:
• Provides expertise to the Board of Governors and Executive Director on financial matters.
• Monitors the financial health of the Club and participates in setting its strategic direction.
• Proposes endowment and investment policies to the Board and oversees their implementation.
• Proposes the annual budget to the Board, working with the Executive Director.
• Recommends the membership dues levels.
• Determines accounting policies/principles and reviews financial processes and controls.
• Reviews leases, insurance, employee benefit policies, tax filings, and other compliance matters.
• Oversees periodic financial audits and internal reviews.
• Reports the Club’s financial status periodically to the Board and to the membership.
The Finance Committee comprises several Club members with financial expertise and a commitment to the Club’s long-term financial viability.